International Conference "Tree Avenues 2019 - Strategy for Protection and Renewal"
Conference talks: Thursday, 25 April 2019
Liberec County Hall, U Jezu 642/2a, Liberec (show on a map)
Morning session 9,00 – 12,30
- New legislation on protection of trees: Pavel Chotěbor, Ministry of Environment CR
- Setting a tree avenues database in Central Bohemia - new experiences: Jitka Gajdoštinová, Silva Tarouca Research Institute for Landscape and Ornamental Gardening, Department of Cultural Landscape and Sites, Průhonice
- Tree avenues as green network and biotops in SCI Poodří: Marcela Klemensová, Arnika, Center for Citizen´s Support
- Study of Neratov tree avenue renewal: František Weisbauer, Road Authority of Pardubice County and Jiří Rozsypálek, Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology, Mendel University in Brno
- Project of tree avenues renewal along country roads and in landscape, Liberec region: Radka Vlčková, Department of Environment and Agriculture, Liberec County
- Tree avenues of great importance in Liberec region – care and renewal: Šárka Weberová, Czech Landscape and Garden Society
Afternoon session 13,30-17,00
- Preservation of old trees on dams - Conflicts - Solutions - Implementation using the Stoer-Waterway in the Lewitz region in the north-east of Germany as an example: Katharina Dujesiefken, BUND, Germany
- French legislation on protection of tree avenues: Chantal Pradine, expert to the Council of Europe, France
- Standards and training for avenue management: Piotr Tyszko-Chmielowiec, Foundation for Sustainable Development, Poland
- Tree Avenues in Sweden – management and conservation: Patrik Olsson, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Alnarp, Sweden
Tree Avenues in Kalliningrad Region - on the route from neglection to management: Alexandra Koroleva, Ecodefence, Russia
Discussion and conclusion
Information for participants
For participants from distant locations, we recommend you arrive at your accommodation in the afternoon of April 24 or sooner. Thus, you definitely manage to be in time for the beginning of the conference and also to enjoy the Liberec places of interest. We are recommending: EkoPark, local ZOO famous for its white tigers, or any other intriguing sight of this North Bohemian city.
The conference fee covers organizational costs, lunch, and two refreshments.
We will provide simultaneous translation CZ/EN.
Conference talks in video formats will be provided in our youtube channel for studying after conference.
We can arrange accommodation for you. We will send detailed information to registered participants in advance.
Conference fee: 65 EUR
Expedition to Tree Avenues of South Moravian Region: Friday, April 26, 2019
Start: 7,45 AM, Liberec, parking U Nisy (show on a map)
Finish: 4,00 PM, Liberec, Main station (show on a map)
Raspenava: historical "carriage avenue"- its downfall and rebirth
Albrechtice u Frýdlantu - Horní Vítkov: tree avenue along road of great landscape value
Cvikov - Kalvárie: trees and way of the cross
Zahrádky: Wallenstein tree avenue as a cultural heritage
Information for participants
A trip to tree avenues will be organized as an accompanying programme of the conference. Positive examples of professional care of historical avenues combined with efforts to increase traffic safety will be presented. You will meet representatives of the local civil services as well as road authorities.
During the trip, we will provide you with lunch and then bring you back to Liberec railway station.
Each participant will receive expert commentary and study materials in English.
Excursion fee: 55 EUR
It is possible to register for the full two-day event or for a single day only as well.
Event is organized in cooperation with authorities of Liberec County and Foundation for Sustainable Development (Poland). Event has received funding from the LIFE+ programme of the European Union.